Heil MultiPack Automated Garbage Truck
The Heil MultiPack automated side load garbage truck is a triple threat, operating as the only trash truck that can singlehandedly manage rear loader, side loader, and commercial waste routes. High-performing and cost-saving, the MultiPack is a major contributor to any fleet, making it possible to reduce total capital equipment costs.
The Triple Threat of the Heil MultiPack Side Loader
The MultiPack is a versatile performer that is made of three precision-engineered products:
- DuraPack body: The Heil DuraPack refuse body is durable and the industry standard for toughness, dependability, and flexibility. The Heil Service Smart design simplifies route maintenance and keeps the truck out of the shop and on the route. The DuraPack body is designed to withstand heavy daily use and has a strong base, impressive diagnostic tools, and noise-reducing features appreciated by both truck operators and customers.
- Python automated side load arm: The superior automated Python arm is the result of years of dedicated research, development, and refinement. It can easily lift 1,250 pounds – 625 pounds fully extended – and collect up to 1,400 homes per day. A quick strike with an 8-second cycle time – the fastest in the industry – the Python saves up to four seconds per stop. With precision-crafted 3-inch cushioned cylinders, the Python has a smooth operation, which saves on the wear and tear on the lift arm and chassis. The 9-foot reach and fast action makes for cleaner pickups and prevents spillage, even in the tightest spots.
- DuraPack 5000 refuse tailgate: The proven, tough DuraPack 5000 refuse tailgate is reinforced to prevent buckling and features a seal to keep the contents inside the body. The Shur-Lock tailgate locking system is secure and managed by the in-cab operator, only to be discharged when ready.
Together, these features make the MultiPack the ultimate high-performance trash truck. Other multi-function trucks may be on the market, but it’s only the Heil MultiPack that is completely functional in both modes of operation – it can pick up a completely manual or automated route simultaneously.
Notable Features of the Heil MultiPack
The MultiPack is a versatile machine that is reliable on its own, and to serve as a back-up vehicle for automated and rear-loader routes. The most notable features include:
- Big bites: A 5.2 cubic yard hopper that can handle containers from 30 to 96 gallons, with fewer trips to the disposal site.
- Major reach: The exceptional patented automated arm can reach up to nine feet and accommodate below level-grade pickups.
- Quiet: With the Heil Operate-in-Gear-at-Idle system, a standard feature on the MultiPack, noise is greatly reduced.
- Fuel-efficient: The Operate-in-Gear-at-Idle system also helps operators finish routes up to 20 percent faster, saving up to a gallon of fuel per hour while reducing wear on the lift assembly, chassis, engine, and transmission.
- Solid foundation: An exclusive, fully welded, interlaced subframe is the home of exceptional strength and durability and resists corrosion and salt damage for a MultiPack with a long lifespan.
- Proven performer: The Heil Linkage Packing System is free of rollers, slides, and slide shoes so you never have to worry about these components wearing out. Smaller cylinders deliver packing power for increased payloads.
- Effective joystick: The MultiPack’s reliable, ergonomic joystick controls allow for a smooth performance while enhancing usability. Combined with the AutoLoad system, the joystick makes it possible for the operator to reach, grab, lift, dump, and return the Python arm to the stowed position using only the joystick and two buttons.
- Strong grabber gears: The Python’s superior hardened grabber gears are made from specially formulated high-strength alloy steel and can be cycled up to 1,000,000 times with no evidence of wear.
Get a Heil Side Load Garbage Truck from Bell Equipment
Are you in charge of waste routes with unlimited-at-the-curb contracts? The MultiPack is great for what’s expected, and also for what’s unexpected on collection day. The Heil MultiPack is designed to save up to one hour per day and up to $15,000 in annual savings. Find out which Heil side loader is right for your fleet. Contact Bell Equipment today.